Sunday, September 2, 2012

in Dew's August time (Part 1)


It was such a busy August that I didn't even manage to get a single post up, but here are some highlights:

Emerson turned eight months old in August.  She also took the crawling plunge and we can't stop her.  I like to say that she is a distance crawler since she will crawl through multiple rooms just to get where you are.  She's already trying to pull up too so I better get to child proofing again.




We also did some good old-fashioned pots and pans music this month while I was trying to get dinner on the table.  Ella was a great teacher for her little sister. 


 
Al and I continued our tradition of at least one race per month with the Rex Wellness sprint triathlon.  Al's been doing sprint triathlon's for a while and has gotten very competitive with them.  Watching him at the races piqued my interest and I decided to give it a try myself.  However, I just started taking lessons to improve my swimming so I stuck to the run and participated on a relay team with Al's boss, Beth and my personal trainer, Marcy.

I think Al had a great finish time at 1:04:07, but I know he'll say that he could do better.  He still finished 34th overall.  Great job, Al!  I've been frustrated with my run times after having Emerson, but I really wanted to set a great time for my team.  Of course, it had been overcast the entire morning and when it came time for my run, the heavens opened up and it was pouring rain.  It certainly made for an unpleasant run with heavy rain beating my face, running through huge puddles and of course, getting sprayed with water by a passing car.  Despite the obstacles, I finished the run leg in 28:09 (yay!) and our team finished in the middle of the pack.  We were an all-girl team and I bet we were the top female relay team (or at least top couple women team).  We have to work on our transitions and we would have jumped in the standings.  Next time!

No pictures of this event since we were both participating but you can find pictures at www.carolinasnapshot.com and searching the event for #211 (me) and #96 (Al).

That was just the first half of the month, stand by for even more Dew times!

No comments:

Post a Comment